Please note that there are no current openings for this position.
Do you have a passion for chemical research and getting hands-on with clients?
ERA Environmental Management Solutions is seeking driven and knowledgeable candidates with expertise in chemistry, bioinformatics, biochemistry, chemical engineering, and other related fields to join our collaborative team of GHS Regulatory scientists.
ERA is a world-leading developer of Safety Data Sheet (SDS) Authoring and Management software, known as CERTIS. CERTIS is used by a broad range of industries to create accurate chemical safety documentation that protects workers, distributors, and end users. Our GHS Regulatory Scientists assist manufacturers in understanding the nuances of chemical hazard classification and maintain our Master Chemical List's accuracy through rigorous scientific research.
What makes us unique is our dedication to maintaining our scientific foundation... our software is created by our inventive, passionate chemical specialists and scientists!
This is a entry-level, full time, salaried position, located in our Technoparc office in St. Laurent QC.
- Contact and search for supplier raw materials.
- Data entry: entering raw materials into client databases.
- Understand and apply Globally Harmonized Systems (GHS) classification, SDS, and chemical labeling requirements in support to ERA SDS authoring software.
- Research the global adoption of Globally Harmonized Systems (GHS); Safety Data Sheet (SDS) and label requirements for various regulatory bodies.
- Assess regulatory compliance of complex multi-component mixtures.
- Create SDS and labels for customer products ensuring current regulatory compliance for domestic and international shipment.
- Account Manager for named clients - will be responsible for initial setup and customer support for the ERA's SDS authoring software.
- Update and maintain the ERA’s Master Chemical List.
- Research and review of chemical and environmental regulations across the US, Canada, and Globally.
- Build strong relationship with internal and external stakeholders of the project.
- Follow project management activities defined in the project plan and provide feedback.
- Provide customer support for the ERA EMS software.
- Working as part of a team to implement large scale projects.
- Technical review and software testing, communication of ideas and issues to the development team.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Bioinformatics or related fields.
- Proven ability to establish goals and set clear expectations, organize and prioritize activities, and follow through with timely execution in a cross functional team environment.
- Passionate to work in a software development company and bring innovative ideas to help different industry automating their work flows and processes.
- Knowledge of GHS requirements and multi-lingual - an asset.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to understand and work with complex process flows.
- Detail-oriented and analytical nature.
- Innovative, self-started work ethic.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, Publisher).
Why Choose the ERA Team?
We strive to provide you with an exciting position that will give you a full-time career with long-term growth potential. We’re looking to commit to you in the long-term and investing in your success.
Joining the ERA team comes with many perks:
- Breakfast and lunch program from our in-house kitchen, where you'll get hot, fresh meals, including vegan and vegetarian options. Also includes snacks, drinks, and coffee.
- Employee fitness center with cardio, weights, machines, and access to a personal trainer. Employee lockers and private showers.
- Ergonomic sit/stand desks, a bright and airy open concept work spaces, and private desks.
- Above-standard salaries and benefit packages. Extra days off in addition to standard civic holidays. Full-time employees are eligible for medical, travel medical, life, and disability insurance, prescription medication coverage, and an RRSP matching program.
- Work-life balance perks including nearby child care, prayer room, employee sports teams, career coaching, flexible summer hours, and more.
- A focus on advancing your career and helping you develop your interests into your profession.
ERA is a place for passionate and driven people who want to have pride in what they do, pride in the positive impact they have for the environment, and pride in being part of an amazing team.
- We are team players. We enjoy collaborating and hearing other viewpoints.
- We aren't fazed by multiple deadlines, accountability, or challenges.
- We enjoy tackling scientifically complex projects and love to innovate.