Please note that there are no current openings for this position.
Do you have a passion for environmental research and getting hands-on with clients?
ERA Environmental Management Solutions is seeking driven and knowledgeable candidates with expertise in chemistry, biology, toxicology, environmental engineering, safety, bioinformatics, chemical engineering, and other environmental sciences to join our collaborative team of environmental scientists.
ERA is a world-leading developer of Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) software for manufacturers across a broad range of industries, particularly the automotive, chemical, and petroleum sectors. We invent and develop software solutions to help manufacturers across the world track, report, and reduce their environmental footprint.
What makes us unique is our dedication to maintaining our scientific foundation... our software is created by our inventive, passionate environmental scientists!
This is a entry-level, full time, salaried position, located in our Technoparc office in St. Laurent QC.
- Contact and search for supplier raw materials.
- Data entry: entering raw materials into client databases.
- Account Manager for named clients - will be responsible for initial setup and customer support for the ERA's EH&S software.
- Review and understand industrial manufacturing processes, to quantify and calculate air emissions, water releases, and waste shipments.
- Research, develop and maintain current knowledge of industry trends and practices.
- Design and develop procedures and process for health and safety investigation, inspection and auditing and risk management as per industry verticals.
- Build strong relationship with internal and external stakeholders of the project.
- Follow project management activities defined in the project plan and provide feedback.
- Provide customer support for the ERA-EMS software.
- Working as part of a team to implement large scale projects.
- Technical review and software testing, communication of ideas and issues to the development team.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Bioinformatics, Safety, Environmental Engineering, Chemical Engineering or related fields.
- Education or experience related to Greenhouse Gases, Energy Management, and/or Utilities/Safety Management; Compliance Management/Sustainability and Risk Management (preferred, but not required).
- Proven ability to establish goals and set clear expectations, organize and prioritize activities, and follow through with timely execution in a cross functional team environment.
- Passionate to work in a software development company and bring innovative ideas to help different industry automating their work flows and processes.
- Knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures with regards to Health and safety, sustainability and environmental policies and regulations.
- Knowledge of GHS requirements and multi-lingual - an asset.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to understand and work with complex process flows.
- Detail-oriented and analytical nature.
- Innovative, self-started work ethic.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, Publisher).
Why Choose the ERA Team?
We strive to provide you with an exciting position that will give you a full-time career with long-term growth potential. We’re looking to commit to you in the long-term and investing in your success.
Joining the ERA team comes with many perks:
- Breakfast and lunch program from our in-house kitchen, where you'll get hot, fresh meals, including vegan and vegetarian options. Also includes snacks, drinks, and coffee.
- Employee fitness center with cardio, weights, machines, and access to a personal trainer. Employee lockers and private showers.
- Ergonomic sit/stand desks, a bright and airy open concept work spaces, and private desks.
- Above-standard salaries and benefit packages. Extra days off in addition to standard civic holidays. Full-time employees are eligible for medical, travel medical, life, and disability insurance, prescription medication coverage, and an RRSP matching program.
- Work-life balance perks including nearby child care, prayer room, employee sports teams, career coaching, flexible summer hours, and more.
- A focus on advancing your career and helping you develop your interests into your profession.
ERA is a place for passionate and driven people who want to have pride in what they do, pride in the positive impact they have for the environment, and pride in being part of an amazing team.
- We are team players. We enjoy collaborating and hearing other viewpoints.
- We aren't fazed by multiple deadlines, accountability, or challenges.
- We enjoy tackling scientifically complex projects and love to innovate.