Are you a visual thinker? Can you turn complex ideas into elegant visuals? Do you understand the intersection of branding and clarity?
ERA is seeking a full-time entry-level graphic designer to join our Sales & Marketing team. You will work on a wide variety of projects to improve visual clarity and style, including: brochures, training power points, designing social media infographics, sales proposals, and other marketing documents.
This position works with the ERA marketing team, as well as subject matter experts and other trainers. We are looking for someone who can take complicated scientific processes and distill them into digestible visual language – an interest and understanding of the natural sciences and/or high-tech is a definite asset. This is a great position for a junior graphic designer seeking steady in-house employment rather than a freelancing career.
This is a full time, salaried position, located in our Technoparc office in St. Laurent QC.
When you join our team, your duties will include:
- Working with digital marketing staff to create shareable infographics and images for social media.
- Working with the marketing team to create visually appealing brochures, posters, and web graphics.
- Creating educational presentations under the guidance of ERA subject matter experts.
- Making recommendations on the visual elements of other sales and internal presentations, as well as providing feedback on ERA’s software user interface.
- Editing visual content created by ERA team members.
- Modifying and updating existing materials.
ERA encourages you to submit your CV and cover letter if you possess the following:
- Cegep or higher with a focus on graphic design.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite and other design tools.
- Thorough understanding of graphic design principles, current web design standards, cross-platform content creation, and content branding.
- A strong eye for design and typography.
- Creativity and a detail-oriented mind.
- Ability to work independently.
- Excellent English communication skills.
- Experience in one or more of the following is a strong asset but not required: Marketing & sales, Software Industry, Environmental Sciences, Teaching/Education.
Please include work samples (or a link to an online portfolio) as “Supplemental Documents” when you apply for this position.
Only qualified individuals will be contacted for an interview.
Why Choose the ERA Team?
We strive to provide you with an exciting position that will give you a full-time career with long-term growth potential. We’re looking to commit to you in the long-term and investing in your success.
Joining the ERA team comes with many perks:
- Breakfast and lunch program from our in-house kitchen, where you'll get hot, fresh meals, including vegan and vegetarian options. Also includes snacks, drinks, and coffee.
- Employee fitness center with cardio, weights, machines, and access to a personal trainer. Employee lockers and private showers.
- Ergonomic sit/stand desks, a bright and airy open concept work spaces, and private desks.
- Above-standard salaries and benefit packages. Extra days off in addition to standard civic holidays. Full-time employees are eligible for medical, travel medical, life, and disability insurance, prescription medication coverage, and an RRSP matching program.
- Work-life balance perks including nearby child care, prayer room, employee sports teams, career coaching, flexible summer hours, and more.
- A focus on advancing your career and helping you develop your interests into your profession.
ERA is a place for passionate and driven people who want to have pride in what they do, pride in the positive impact they have for the environment, and pride in being part of an amazing team.
- You are a team player who enjoys collaborating and hearing other viewpoints.
- You keep a positive attitude and aren’t fazed by multiple deadlines.
- You enjoy the challenge of working with scientifically complex topics.