Please note that there are no current openings for this position.
Do you take pride in your ability to innovate, collaborate, and problem-solve?
ERA Environmental Management Solutions is seeking innovative and collaborative candidates with proven programming experience to join our software development team as an intermediate (3+ years experience ) Database (MS SQL) & Back End Developer.
ERA is a trusted and reliable software company with several recognized international brands as clients, focused on developing web-based dynamic enterprise software solutions that simplify and automate Environmental, Health, Safety, Sustainability and Quality Management compliance for the manufacturing industry.
You will be part of a talented team of software developers and EHS scientists, completing projects that deliver concrete results to our clients. As a programmer-analyst, you will be working with dynamic regulatory concepts and analyzing scenarios for the best possible solutions. You will support the development, quality assurance, and implementation of new applications and improvements based on environmental regulations and client feedback. Familiarity with chemistry and environmental regulations is a definite asset, as ERA’s software automates these aspects of manufacturing for improved environmental reporting.
This is a full time, salaried position, located in our Technoparc office in St. Laurent QC.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent education required
- Essential: Microsoft SQL Server products
- Essential: ASP.Net and VB.NET / C#
- Essential: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server, version control, branch and merge
- Asset: 3+ years Multi-tenant software development
- Database design
- Data Processing
- SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- Complex T-SQL queries
- Dynamic T-SQL queries
- Query optimization techniques
- Proven skill sets in the development process, frontend and backend, and not only SQL.
- Proven skill sets in understanding requirements for complex queries and procedures
- Proven skill sets in developing scalable, high-performance, and high-volume applications
- Strong analytical skills in translating business needs into realistic action plans and delivering technical solutions
- Excellent organizational, teamwork, communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to deliver high-quality results under minimal supervision
- Willing to learn skills and techniques specific to our work environment
- Constantly willing to learn and improve
Why Choose the ERA Team?
We strive to provide you with an exciting position that will give you a full-time career with long-term growth potential. We’re looking to commit to you in the long-term and investing in your success.
Joining the ERA team comes with many perks:
- Breakfast and lunch program from our in-house kitchen, where you'll get hot, fresh meals, including vegan and vegetarian options. Also includes snacks, drinks, and coffee.
- Employee fitness center with cardio, weights, machines, and access to a personal trainer. Employee lockers and private showers.
- Ergonomic sit/stand desks, a bright and airy open concept work spaces, and private desks.
- Above-standard salaries and benefit packages. Extra days off in addition to standard civic holidays. Full-time employees are eligible for medical, travel medical, life, and disability insurance, prescription medication coverage, and an RRSP matching program.
- Work-life balance perks including nearby child care, prayer room, employee sports teams, career coaching, flexible summer hours, and more.
- A focus on advancing your career and helping you develop your interests into your profession.
ERA is a place for passionate and driven people who want to have pride in what they do, pride in the positive impact they have for the environment, and pride in being part of an amazing team.
- We are team players. We enjoy collaborating and hearing other viewpoints.
- We aren't fazed by multiple deadlines, accountability, or challenges.
- We enjoy tackling scientifically complex projects and love to innovate.