Do you have a passion for health & safety research and getting hands-on with clients?
ERA Environmental Management Solutions is seeking driven and knowledgeable candidates with expertise in safety, chemical, or environmental engineering to join our collaborative team of health & safety scientists.
ERA is a world-leading developer of health & safety compliance software, using industry best practices to help clients manage compliance tasks, employee training, risk assessments, incident reporting, auditing, ISO standards, safety planning, and more. Our team of Health & Safety scientists use their expertise and research to design new tools and improve methodologies used by our software platform.
What makes us unique is our dedication to maintaining our scientific foundation... our software is created by our inventive, passionate scientists!
This is a entry-level, full time, salaried position, located in our Technoparc office in St. Laurent QC.
- Research, Develop and Maintain current knowledge of industry trends and practices.
- Work with clients to ensure compliance with federal, state, and provincial standards.
- Design and develop procedures and process for health and safety investigation, inspection and auditing and risk management per industry verticals.
- Build strong relationship with internal and external stakeholders of the project.
- Follow project management activities defined in the project plan and provide feedback.
- Conduct research to monitor the industry trend in health and safety related topics.
- Provide customer support for the ERA EMS software.
- Technical review and software testing, communication of ideas and issues to the development team.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Safety, Chemical or Environmental engineering or related fields.
- Experience working in safety management; compliance management; sustainability and risk management considered a strong asset.
- Passionate to work in a software development company and bring innovative ideas to help different industry automating their work flows and processes.
- Knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures with regards to Health and safety, sustainability and environmental policies and regulations.
- Knowledge of project management phases and processes is considered a strong asset
- Proven ability to establish goals and set clear expectations, organize and prioritize activities, and follow through with timely execution in a cross functional team environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Detail-oriented and analytical nature.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, Publisher).
- Knowledge of French or Spanish will be an asset (but not required).
Why Choose the ERA Team?
We strive to provide you with an exciting position that will give you a full-time career with long-term growth potential. We’re looking to commit to you in the long-term and investing in your success.
Joining the ERA team comes with many perks:
- Breakfast and lunch program from our in-house kitchen, where you'll get hot, fresh meals, including vegan and vegetarian options. Also includes snacks, drinks, and coffee.
- Employee fitness center with cardio, weights, machines, and access to a personal trainer. Employee lockers and private showers.
- Ergonomic sit/stand desks, a bright and airy open concept work spaces, and private desks.
- Above-standard salaries and benefit packages. Extra days off in addition to standard civic holidays. Full-time employees are eligible for medical, travel medical, life, and disability insurance, prescription medication coverage, and an RRSP matching program.
- Work-life balance perks including nearby child care, prayer room, employee sports teams, career coaching, flexible summer hours, and more.
- A focus on advancing your career and helping you develop your interests into your profession.
ERA is a place for passionate and driven people who want to have pride in what they do, pride in the positive impact they have for the environment, and pride in being part of an amazing team.
- We are team players. We enjoy collaborating and hearing other viewpoints.
- We aren't fazed by multiple deadlines, accountability, or challenges.
- We enjoy tackling scientifically complex projects and love to innovate.